May 27, 2021

Jim Cramer

This is a really interesting thing to watch...

I started this way back in 2007 and it was right before the world changed. Funny thing about that, our world keeps changing. Has anyone else noticed that?

I mean we all of us find ourselves being drawn into these situations which we confront together, they shape us and the world around us. They are the touchstones of our days on the planet.

9/11 was one of those touchstones because it is a clear line of demarcation in my own personal history and that of many others and the Great Recession is another one of those events just  like Covid and the pandemic is now.

Every decade has moments like that... big and small.

I go through spells of watching Jim Cramer and CNBC. I’ll get all hot and bothered about investing and then for a period of time I’ll be actively trading. The pandemic was good for me in that regard because I used the money I had saved and bought when the markets crashed.

Investing is counterintuitive and it’s a hard lesson for people to absorb.

As I am writing this the stock market is at incredible highs and people are talking about the highs and everything and because of it there are people who are thinking they should go out and buy stocks.

NO.

You don’t buy when the market is high, that’s when you sell, that’s when you take profit. You buy when things are a mess, when there is a disaster, you just have to have the liquidity to do so and then you can make amazing amounts of money.

No comments: